Thursday, May 5, 2011

Changes

I have to say, that in general I like changes. Good ones at least. But, even good changes can be hard. For example, I love the changes that are happening in my life. I love getting closer to Jordan and the fact that we are fixing to be one. But, I don't love the fact that with that change comes, more changes. Like I won't be here when little every day things happen in my siblings lives. There won't be the long nights of giggling and talking about the silliest things with Amy. There won't be the "Pow wows" with Joshua and Nathan and Amy where we just talk. I won't be here when Mom is in one of her hilarious moods. I won't be here when Dad says the funniest things. David and Joseph will experience things that, yes, I will hear about, but I won't be here. Now, I realize that I'm not moving that far away, but it won't be the same. I also realize that I can come back whenever I want. :) But, I won't have the same closeness that I have now. And, just to clarify, I am extremely excited to be Jordan's wife and start our own family! I'm not sad by that at all. I will miss being in my family's home though. The hardest will be the long nights with Amy. She has been such a blessing to me. I so often take her for granted. I'm so so thankful for her though. Whenever anything is wrong, Am is the first to hear about it. She has such a calming effect on me. I plan on having her over lots!! :) In fact, I plan on each of my siblings coming over lots! Just saying. I'm glad for this change in my life, but like I said even good changes can be hard.
Lovin' my life.
~me

1 comment:

  1. you've got me crying! it'll be hard in some ways, but i can't feel *too* bad for you, because it'll be worth it :D
    ... i remember the first time we visited 'home' after we were married. my little brothers showed me all around the house and said things (in all sincerity) like 'did you know we have a cat?' (he's my timon kitty!)
    'have you met our dog, lola?' (yeah, we've, i mean you've had her a year!) 'did you know there's a room back here too?' (yeah, that was my bedroom! i lived here less than a month ago!!!)
    it kinda made me sad, but mostly it gave me something to laugh about when i might have cried :)

    ReplyDelete