Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Barns, Gloves, Fires

So, Jordan and I are planning on building a house. Jordan has some land in Branch where his family lived before their house burned down. Well anyhow, before we can start building we had to take down the old barn that was there. We tore it down board by board. Jordan would knock a board down and i would carry it to a pile.. over and over again. It took us several days, because we could only work on it at nights after Jordan got off work and on Wednesdays, and Half a day on Saturday. This past Saturday we got it all done, and we burned all the wood i had piled up. It made me very happy!!

I learned some things taking that barn apart:
1.GLOVES ARE GOOD!! yes, you would think i would of been smart enough to get gloves BEFORE i carried old wood and sheet metal.. but, I'm not. I know its awful. My hands didn't like me for awhile. :)
2. Fire must be used wisely. As i watched that big pile of wood i had stacked burn away, It reminded me of watching Jordan's house burn down. It also made me think of hell... and that that fire there is going to be so hot that it's going to be pitch black. Jordan told me that the hottest part of a fire is clear. Thank you Jesus i don't have to go there! On this earth fire can be used for good. Like a simple bon fire. Or bad. Like houses burning down.
3. I also learned that i can work hard! well, i kind of already knew that. But it got reinforced! :) oh and working with Jordan is a lot more fun then by myself. :)

So After we were done, Jordan took me on a date! We went to the Mexican place in Charleston ( i can't remember it's name.) it was very yummy. I looked like a mess. I was wearing one of Dad's work shirts and some old torn jeans, and a hat. My face was dirty and my hands were stained. AND i smelled like smoke. I didn't care to much tho cause i was HUNGRY! I would of never thought i would go in a restaurant looking like that. haha

Well, i think I'm done rambling... for now. :)
Lovin' my life!
~me

No comments:

Post a Comment